One of the biggest questions for any Homeowner who is considering selling their home is this one: “Is this the right time to place my home on the market?” It’s a good question. After all, selling one’s home is one of the biggest decisions a Homeowner can make (aside from having decided to buy it in the first place)!
The truth is that the best time to sell your home is when it’s the right time for you. But what do you do if you know now is the time to sell but your facing the listing happening during the holidays? Many times that can feel like a deal breaker for a Homeowner on the fence of the “to sell or not to sell” question.
Before we get to our list of 13 reasons to list your home during the Holidays, let’s address three key points to consider that will help your home sell now matter when you decide to list it. First, pricing. When deciding on your asking price always consider the first rule of setting that price: price it correctly if you want it to sell. Second, location. Remember, your location suited you when you purchased it; so, it stands to reason that your home will attract the buyer who wants what you’re selling. Third, timing. You’ve heard the old adage: “timing is everything.”
And so here we are, right back at the beginning with the nagging question of “Is the Holidays a good time to sell my home?”
Enter our List.
The 13 Reasons to List Your Home During the Holidays.
1. People who look for a home during the holidays are serious buyers. They are wanting to take advantage of the “second summer” as it is referred to in order to have their children smoothly transferred into their new school before Winter Break is finished.
2. Serious buyers have fewer homes to choose from during the holidays, so there is less competition. This happens because most would-be-sellers are on the fence making this your opportunity to sell, sell, sell!
3. Houses show better when decorated for the holidays. Who can argue with that? From lights, to festive decorations, to presents under the tree, it all makes for a lovely presentation.
4. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays. All their hopes, dreams, and expectations are tangibly felt during this time of the year.
5. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays. This gives them the chance to take in all that your home has to offer them.
6. Many people want to buy before the end of the year for tax reasons. A more serious buyer seems to also translate into a smarter buyer…another win for you.
7. January is a common month for transfers. Transferees can’t wait until spring. You must be on the market to capture that market.
8. You can still restrict showings during your family days.
9. You can sell now, but specify a delayed closing or extend occupancy until the first of the year. Win-win!
10. By selling now, you have an opportunity to buy during the spring when many houses are on the market.
11. In the spring, sales are down and there are many more homes on the market. Selling now works smartly for you by (1) keeping your home out of the spring influx; and, (2) enabling you to take advantage of that very influx you cleverly beat!
12. During the holidays there is a shortage of inventory, so you are able to increase your market share.
13. By advertising, we can get a jump on the other homes in the market.
Isn’t it exciting to see how the Holidays offer you incredible advantages to placing your home on the market? Right now!
By listing your home during the festive season, you get to take advantage of showcasing your house when it looks its best! So, what are you waiting for? Let’s set up an appointment to create your Holiday Home Listing because you deserve the opportunity to take advantage of selling your home at the best comparable market value. Spare yourself the headache of listing during that time of year when the competition is fierce and let’s get your home sold so you can enjoy the pleasure of being in your new home this January!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor®,
Patricia Summers, Realtor®